I. ABOUT FRED L. ABRAMS, ESQ.
As a member of the New York bar since 1990, Mr. Abrams has handled a wide variety of legal matters in which assets were hidden, such as RICO, money laundering, identity theft and tax fraud. He additionally handled cases in federal court in which his adversaries were Casio Computer Co. Ltd. of Japan; General Motors Corp.; Detroit Diesel Corp; & Lloyds of London.
Mr. Abrams also located tens of millions of dollars hidden in offshore tax havens; and sought discovery from foreign bank witnesses by filing legal proceedings in Zurich, Geneva, Tel Aviv, Amsterdam and Puerto Rico.
Mr. Abrams currently practices in the asset recovery areas of financial intelligence, financial fraud investigations and forced collection proceedings. He has been cited by Reuters, Forbes Magazine, The New York Times, MoneyLaundering.com and appeared on FoxBusiness News.
II. SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Since 2007 Mr. Abrams has presented 18 programs about how assets may be concealed both domestically and abroad. Mr. Abrams presented these programs in Abuja, Nigeria; the United Kingdom; Florida; Massachusetts and New York. These programs were at:
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- The Massachusetts’ Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- The 8th Annual OffshoreAlert Financial Due Diligence Conference
- The June 2014 Carmelite Chambers International Fraud & Asset Recovery Conference in London
- The 2018 Asset Recovery Workshop in Abuja, Nigeria sponsored by the Inter-Governmental Action Group Against Money Laundering In West Africa and the European Union
- The New York County Lawyers’ Association
- The Queens County Bar Association
- The Brooklyn Bar Association
- The Nassau County Bar Association
- The Suffolk County Bar Association
III. BAR ADMISSIONS, COLLEGE & LAW DEGREES
- Bar Admissions:
- N.Y. Bar, First Judicial Department, Appellate Division, New York State Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of N.Y.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of N.Y.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- College & Law Degrees
- J.D. Benjamin Cardozo School of Law-Yeshiva University, New York City
- B.A. with Departmental Honors in English, Harpur College S.U.N.Y Binghamton, New York